Happy Sunday, Crafties.
Yes its that time of the week again, another post from my craft blog. This week we are going to cover some more organization. Clay organization.
My beasty Athena told me just yesterday. “you’re organization at its best” and I had to laugh because I know I’m overly organized. My response to her.
“It makes me happy, like pink.”
I’ve ordered a selection of Premo polymer clay. Its not easy to find in SA, but the price is better than Fimo which is my favorite clay. I want to see if Premo can compare and become my new favorite.
As soon as I get my clay, the blocks are going to be removed from the packets and put into clear labeled baggies and then into a box.
Like I do with my others. This way I can instantly see colors but the brand, names and color numbers are also assessable.
But since its quiet a few block and I hate wasting label tape from my label maker. I came up with a better solution.
I’ve got a box of full sheet sticker paper. This is the one I got Label Paper – Full Sheet
And I thought it might be fun to create labels using my Silhouette Cameo.
- I started by drawing a rounded-rectangle in Silhouette Studio, the dimensions are in the image above this.
2. Then I used the duplicate tab doing Column of Four and then Row of Four until I was happy with the amount.
3. After that I went and used the text tool to type in all the info I wanted on the labels.
4. Then I went and added registration marks.
5. I printed it out on my laser printer (onto the sticker paper)
6. Sent it to my cameo and did a kiss cut.
These are the settings I used.
7. I set my blade to 1 and let it cut.
Now here is the tricky part. Despite everything looking perfect and me aligning the sticker paper on the mat perfect. The first cut I did cut OVER some of the text.
I solved that by selecting all the text but not the boxes and moving it using the keyboard arrows down two and 1 left. After I adjusted it like that it work out perfectly.
You might have to do something similar to adjust it to your machine.
Now don’t worry, I’ve taken you through it step by step in case you want to do something similar but different.
But I’m going to be giving you the cut file too.
You can download it here CUT FILE
You will need win rar to open the file. Just google it and you should find it.
Have an awesome Sunday, crafties.